Thursday, May 31, 2012

Summer Arrival

Right before the Memorial Day Weekend, a sudden thunder/hail/rain storm arrived here in the evening.

These hails beat up my flowers and young veggie plants.

 Luckily, some irises are underneath the patio, staying away from the beating.

After about 30 minutes of torrential downpour rain, the sky cleared and a rainbow showed up.  What a change!  Soon birdies came back to finish up their supper before going to bed at night.



After the weekend, I revisited another wetland nearby to check on my bird friends.
Early in the morning out in the field, a Red-winged Blackbird, busy calling, spotted me.
"Hey, I didn't see you for a long time.  What's up these days?"


Underneath the fir branches, a Spotted Towhee was busy looking for bugs.
"Today is getting warm.  I am glad that terrible hail storm is gone.  That day, I hid under a bush and hoped no thunder would strike a nearby tree." 

Summer is slowly arriving.  The camp grounds up in the mountain are still closed due to below normal temperature.  Yet, the thunder storm is a true indication of the summer arrival.




No comments:

Post a Comment