Saturday, June 2, 2012

A Short Trip to a Hillside

There is a hillside in a nearby city.   Since the area is closer to the Mountain range, more birds will visit there.   Finally today I had an opportunity to go there.  The weather was overcast, but warm.   Mostly grass fields have trails to go by for the ease of spotting birds.  Many birders enjoy walking around.   

From the top of the hill, Mt. Hood with a cloud cap was visible.
Can you see a hawk perched on a bare tree on the left?

A friendly American Robin wanted to show me his catch.
"I just caught a worm.  It's yummy."


In the grass field, I saw a Savannah Sparrow for the first time.  It has yellow eyebrow and a pale median crown stripe.

On a dead branch around the corner, one Song Sparrow was about to sing.  This has broad grayish eyebrow.

A Northern Flicker just flew in to the old stump.  He did all the feather cleaning and now ready to take off.

"See you later."

And when I was ready to leave after a little rest on a bench, I saw a Western Bluebird on a nearby tree for the first time.  Unfortunately, it's the Murphy's Law:  when I really wanted to have a nice shot, it blurred....
 
 "I am a mystery bird today."


Next time, I will be here in a better lighting condition.  Now one objective for this summer is set.  To try to get a better photo of a bluebird!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment