Saturday, May 12, 2012

Return of Nashville Warbler

At the end of last April,  I saw a Nashville Warbler.  Through a camera lens, it looked like Orange-crowned Warbler.  Only when I looked at the computer screen, I realized it was another bird.  Through a bird book, I finally came across the Nashville Warbler.

"Let me introduce myself:  I am a Nashville Warbler.  My chest is lot yellower than the Orange-crowned Warbler and I have a grayish head with a complete white eye ring.  For the male, the top of the head has pinkish dots."


"I like eating plum blossoms here."

This spring I have been wondering on and off if the bird would ever return here.  And finally the other day I noticed a yellowish bird on the plum tree branch.

"This year I am already a week late because of the cold spring here.  And I am disappointed to find no more of my favorite plum blossoms left.  Well, that's life, ta, ta... I am on the way to the north."


That was a very quick, short visit; nonetheless, I was happy to see you this year.  Next time when you come, I hope you can find plum blossoms in bloom to stay a bit longer.



No comments:

Post a Comment