Friday, May 4, 2012

A Long Waited Western Tanager

Yesterday afternoon when I looked out between the camouflage curtains, WOW, I COULDN'T BELIEVE MY EYES.



A male Western Tanager, which I have longed to see for sometime, just landed on the wisteria vines.

And then onto the neighbor's hedge to check on the bug availability.
Their main staple is insects such as bees, wasps, grasshoppers, etc.  They also eat fruits.
"Umm... there are some little bugs inside the hedges."

"I'm in a rush.   Now I need to fly to the fruit trees."


I hope you will come back for my blueberries, pears, plums, and apples.
"Yeah, I will consider that option."


In the past, I have seen a female Tanager a couple of times in the backyard.  But a super gorgeous male Western Tanager is my first time to see!!!  He just returned to Oregon after spending the warm winter in Mexico or Central America.   Welcome back to Oregon.  I hope to see you often from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment