Monday, May 7, 2012

A Friendly Anna's Hummingbird

Anna's hummers live around here all the year round.  The other morning I was right in front of one hummer, only a couple of meters away.

"What's up?"


"Busy right now with daily scratching and twisting exercises."



 "I just love the blueberry nectar. See, I have to go around the branches to get to the inside of little flower bells.   That's why the twisting Yoga exercise counts."

"You can't resist such sweet wisteria flowers, either."


When I was sitting in the middle of the backyard with a flower hat on, they don't get bothered much by my presence.  They come close and start buzzing and sipping from whatever flowers are around.  A happy time of the year to see flowers in bloom and find bees and birds appreciating them.

No comments:

Post a Comment