Friday, May 25, 2012

An American Goldfinch That Couldn't Fly

Last Firday evening when I was looking out to the backyard, I saw one American Goldfinch hopping around the lawn. 

The bird was eating seeds on the ground.

It still did not fly back home.

It looks like a matured bird.  It had been already 30 minutes or longer covering all over the backyard lawn without flying.  Something must be wrong.....

So I went outside to catch it.  As I approached, it hopped into a big patch of Lilies of Valley flowers to hide, where I finally caught it.  Next day I had to purchase a bird cage for emergency use and hoped the bird would regain its flying skill if the injury would heal somehow over time. 

Meantime, I contacted the local A. Society, who advised me to bring it over to the Wildlife Care Center for any possible help.  


A Little Yellow Bird
by Laoshu Bird

Farewell to you, a pretty yellow bird.

It was good to see you so close

With those tiny, yet gentle eyes.

Perhaps an old injury that never really healed.

Farewell to you, an old Goldfinch.

You must have enjoyed a life flying around,

Now off to another adventure.

Wishing the very best of luck to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment