Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Summer Migration

Last several days I have seen hundreds of Canadian Geese flying to the north.  Each flock of geese counts about 2-3 hundred of them, forming a V-shape flying pattern.  The strongest one's at the head, and the rest to follow.  

Have a safe trip to Alaska!


A honey bee was getting busier with the new pink honeysuckle.


One of the summer birds here is Roufous Hummingbird.  Yesterday trying to get attention from a female hummer, he made a diving display from about 20 m high up to straight down close to the ground in a couple seconds.  Of course, a photo shot of such a supersonic dive is totally impossible.  But there is another way to get attention for him.

"I can be as orange as I can be!!! I am the prettiest bird in the backyard."

Another summer bird who is getting comfy these days is.
Orange-crowned Warbler: "Now I got the guts to get out of the bush into the open air."

I need to show you a new arrival for summer in the backyard.  He is a Yellow Warbler.  I have seen one for last couple of years, but taking a clear photo of him is quite a challenge.
"I 'm the quickest and shyest bird in the neighborhood.  That's why you don't see me much!! Ha, ha."

I hope I will see more of you this summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment