Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Bird Friends from a Wetland

In Oregon there are many wildlife refuges.  There is one wetland near my home.  Last Sunday, on Mother's Day, I revisited there the first time since last fall.

Canadian Geese:  "We haven't seen you for months.  How have you been?  We have goslings."


Then,  all of a sudden, noise and commotion.  What's going on?!@#  Well, that was a demonstration flight a couple of male geese just wanted to show.

"How was my taking off,  young men.  Next time it'll be your turn!"

Down the trail, I saw baby geese walking with their Mommy.

"Today is warm and we have to learn how to find food."

In the grass area next to the swamp, many tree swallow nest boxes have been placed.  Tree swallows were flying in and out of them.

"Hi, I've been watching you.  You seem to be gentle folks.  But that huge black eye (camera)!  That is the only strange thing about you."



Lesser Goldfinches:  "I might have seen you somewhere, but this is my home.  I like these grass seeds."


Farther down, beyond the swamps, a lone Bold Eagle perched on the tree. Last fall I have seen several of them up on another tall tree with their chins down taking a nap. This time, he was wide awake, but showing me his back.




But then after I returned home, I looked up the sky and there he was soaring up high.



Not just one, but together with another one.




That sure was a happy, delightful Mother's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment