Saturday, April 28, 2012

Nest Building Time

When blueberry flowers begin to bloom, birds' nest building behavior is in high swing.

A female House Finch was the first one to spot these tangled strings in my garden.  I planned to use them for tying summer veggy vines.  But....

"I like to use it for my nest building.  P-r-e-t-t-y please...."


Next came a male American Robin, pulling them so hard, deteremined to get it.  

"For goodness' sake, come loose.  I just need this nice strings for the nest building."


So I gave in and cut them up into many short pieces for them to pick up.   And in no time,  someone was on them.

"Oh, thank you, thank you.  I'm gonna take all of these again.  Last year I had my nest warm and cozy for my babies."



And so does the nest building of all the birds continue in this time of the year.



No comments:

Post a Comment