Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Hermit Thrush

A year ago, this little bird once came to my backyard, following a Varied Thrush (the size of American Robin).   I thought it would never come back here for a while and then out of the blue sky, it landed here early yesterday morning.

"I am standing tall.  Look at my long legs!!"
It stood straight for a while to observe the surrounding underneath a big pear tree.


 Then, hopped and hopped along the fence to the other end where I could not see...


Here's one of the last year's photos.

Per my Bird Book,  a Hermit Thrush has whitish eye ring and reddish tail; it often flicks wings and slowly raises tails.  Being a summer bird, it can go all the way up to Alaska during the hot months.  When the weather changes to the cold, it will fly back to somewhere warm, down south to most of California or even Mexico.

Many summer birds are arriving here now that our weather has warmed up finally.  You will hear more from me during the busy bird season.

No comments:

Post a Comment