Saturday, April 14, 2012

Ruby-crowned Kinglet's return

Last year I saw a Ruby-crowned Kinglet in spring.   It was right around this time when the bleeding heart began to bloom in my backyard.



Last few days, early in the morning and the evening, I see one kinglet flitting around the pear tree and the apple tree where it could find bugs and at the same time eat the flower buds. 

On the apple tree, sucking on the new bud.  How cute it looks!  It is such a tiny bird hopping around the branches.  And to make the matters more difficult for me is that it never stays still for a second!!

Can you spot this ruby crown?  As a matter of a wink he just showed it.  If I brink, I may not see it.

Being excited on so many tender apple flower buds?


This morning someone just flew into the neighbor's maple tree.  Sure enough, it was the kinglet.  It moves super fast from one branch to another looking for a bug.  So, my camera lens could not capture the pretty morning image.  Next time will you let me have a nice shot? 


No comments:

Post a Comment