Friday, June 22, 2012

New Nuthatches

The other day the temperature shot up with the blue sky all over.  We all welcomed the summer day.   The raspberries are quickly ripening and I picked up a bowlful.  So with some blueberries and Chinese snowpeas.




Early in the morning I saw three Red-breasted Nuthatches.  A mother Nuthatch had a couple of toddlers in tow.

Hiding behind the apple leaves
"Who is staring at me?  I don't know you."

A toddler Nuthatch has a yellow color on the edge of the mouth.  Being so fearless, it came flying so close to me.  I thought it was just about to land on my shoulder.


Waiting on mommy to get food.
"Suet is so yummy."

Less yellow on the beak.  Maybe a bit older?
"I am independent.  See, I can dig on the fence like a grown up."



Lavenders are almost ready for lavender wands and saches. 


A butterfly is visiting a tiny clover flower. 

All are signs of true summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment