Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Early Signs of Spring

After the lunar New Year, I see many signs of spring.  Crocuses in bloom, new buds of rose leaves and honeysuckle leaves, and the best thing is that the days are getting longer.
 
So with the bird activities.  One sunny day, I saw a Western Scrub Jay on top of the neighbor's blue spruce and pretty soon, another one just flew in to feed her.
 
 
"Honey, for you."


"Here.  Your favorite."


Further,  I saw a male hummer coming to my feeders, showing off the pink head.

"I am bright headed."

For a week or so, I did not see the female Anna's Hummingbird.  Probably due to nest building.  For hummers, the nest building solely belongs  to a female hummer. 
 

"I 've been so busy with my spring chores. 
I'm glad to be back here."
 
Other birds, too, are getting occupied with the spring activities.  After months of cold weather, humans too are itching to get out and do garden work.

No comments:

Post a Comment