Friday, January 25, 2013

Who is the Earliest Riser?

Even in the thick fog, even in the below freezing temperature, someone always comes to my feeders earliest in the winter morning.

Can you guess who does?  If you like, try to choose from the following bird friends.


1)  Golden-crowned Sparrow

"I come early on a frosted morning.  I must be the earliest...."


2)  Western Scrub Jay

"I have to come earliest, before squirrels get all the peanuts
that the backyard owner scatters on the patio every morning."


3)  Oregon Junco


"No matter how cold it gets, we love the cold
weather.  We come in the earliest."
 
4)  Anna's Hummingbird
 
"No, no. no....  I come in the earliest.  I have already finished
my breakfast and now's the time to do sunbathing today."












ANSWER:  For 8 - 9 times out of 10, Oregon Junco is the earliest; the next comes Anna's in my backyard


No comments:

Post a Comment