Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Majestic Birds

Whenever the blue sky returns, I look up standing still in my backyard for a while.  Soon, I begin to see birds crisscross in front of me and sometimes a majestic bird soaring up above.  Today was such a day.


Do you know a big bird with the white head and tail?  It's the Bald Eagle shown on American coins and paper money.  There are a couple of their nests in the nearby wildlife reserve, so on a nice day they show up above my backyard.



"Hello, there.  I couldn't soar up much today due to the cold temperature.  
So much for soaring.  Ready for home now."



Then, soon after, I heard a lot of commotion in my neighborhood.  There came a band of American Crows.  There were a dozen of them, cawing, cahing all over here and there.  But unfortunately I could not spot any hawk this time.


Crow #1:  "I'm gonna hop around here."



Crow #2:  "Skipping here."



Crow#3:  "Now ready to fly away."
"Bye for now."





No comments:

Post a Comment