Sunday, January 13, 2013

A Cold, Frosty Day

Today a cold and frosty day arrived and, according to the weather forecast, will continue on for a week.

Here is the art work of Frosty the Snowman.


Another work was found on Charlotte's web, too.


Birds are made lot tougher than humans.  Out in the backyard, little birdies were out as usual.
"I am armored with down feathers to keep me warm."


On a frosty wisteria vine, Ms. Purple Finch bumped into Mr. Townsend's Warbler.
Townsend's Warbler(right):  "Nice to see you again.  I saw you last winter, didn't I?"
Purple Finch(left):  "Yeah.  I do remember your prominent yellowish mask."


Then a bunch of cotton ball like little birds start swishing into my blueberry bush.
"Hi, I am a Bushtit.  In a big flock, we travel from one place to another in search of the suet.  Oftentimes other friends mingle and fly with us."

No comments:

Post a Comment