Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Yellow Crocus

A yellow crocus sends us a message: "Spring has sprung."


In spring,  birds are busy singing and hanging around in pairs.  One day three Black-capped Chickadees were busy getting their breakfast.

Once in a while a Cooper's Hawk flies through the air in my backyard  and perches on the fence for food.  Thanks to the hedge rows and bushes for little birds to jump in and hide, there is not many casualties here.


An Eastern Towhee usually stops over for a quick breakfast.


These days Yellow-rumped Warblers live here and eat the suet all day long.  A few days ago, I saw three of them together: two males and one female.


Today, when I looked up with a crow's calling, I saw a Red-tailed Hawk soaring high. 


Regarding the Anna's Hummer, I need to update.  The other day my Anna's returned to the sugar water feeder finally after 3 weeks.  Now it just comes once in a while, not daily yet.



The spring season is a busy one for me, too.  

1)  Need to add peatmoss to my blueberry bushes (I did not do this for a couple of years; maybe that is why I did not get so many berries). 
2)  Like to add a new bush or two for birds and hummers.  
3)  In a few weeks, trim the roses to half the height.
And so on...

I bet a busy season is waiting for you, too. 



No comments:

Post a Comment