Monday, November 26, 2012

My Best Bird Friend - Anna's Hummingbird

 
There are at least two Anna's Hummingbirds feeding in my backyard this winter.  I can tell whether one is female or male.  That's as far as I can tell about the hummers.
 
Can you tell if this is female or male?
 
There is one female who always hangs around on my clothesline waiting for me to come out.  Lately she likes to sit around in the blueberry bush which has already lost most of the leaves.

Outside I walk slowly so not to scare the birds, gradually getting closer to the hummer.  Often she lets me come as close as 4-5 feet to take a photo like this.  

 "What's up?  Late this morning.  I've been waiting for you to show up."


Backyard Owner:  "Yeah, yeah.  I've so busy with Thanksgiving dinner prep.  Baking pies, casseroles, and the turkey with mashed potatoes, gravy sauce, etc.  A Super busy season!!   But I don't forget you and just changed your sugar water this morning.  Enjoy your fresh sugar water."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment