Thursday, November 15, 2012

Dinasaurs and Birds: Any Relation?

Over the weekend, I stopped by at a Natural History Museum in Seattle.  As I looked through the exhibits, one of them just hit me:  One small and fast dinosaur (Compsognathus) that existed on insects and small reptiles was a relative of the oldest known bird (Archaeopteryx). 

So now I know birds existed on the earth far longer than humans have.   I feel more respect towards them!!!  I am more willing to help them with what I can do.

Anna's Hummingbird:  " This sugar water is safe to drink.  No food coloring in it."
 

A flock of Pine Siskins:  "This water is so tasty because the backyard owner does not use chlorine to clean the bird bath."


Oregon Junco and Chestnut-backed Chickadee:
"We like the peanut-flavored suet for the winter energy."


Gray Squirrel:  "I am not a bird, but I can agree with you.  You have been helpful to me, too, 'cause this apple is delicious with no pesticides."

No comments:

Post a Comment