Tuesday, November 13, 2012

A Frequent Flyer for Winter

A few days ago when I was out on the backyard lawn, a young Cooper's Hawk flew in.


All the little birds flew out from the fruit tree branches, saying "chi, chi, chi..."

At that time I was dressed in black and stood still on the lawn.  After a few minutes, it came out into the steel hanger for the feeder and hopped onto the wooden fence nearby.

Guess what to do when you meet a hawk face to face.





Keep the eye contact (looking thru the camera lens in my case) so that it would stare back at me, wondering what I would do next.    This is the chance for me to take a few shots. 

"I am one of the scariest birds in the sky!  How dare you not be afraid of me!"


This winter, this young Cooper's Hawk frequents the sky above my neighborhood.



No comments:

Post a Comment