Saturday, July 14, 2012

Rufous Hummingbird

Lately Roufous Hummingbirds are back.  Probably this male has returned from the northern area (from Alaska?). 



 I have seen him a few times this month.

On the clothesline, he is stretching and cleaning the feathers.

Then, a regular resident hummer, Anna's, spotted him.


"Hey, you.  This is my territory.  Get out of here," screamed the Anna's.

Bang !@#! 

Since then, I have not seen him much.  I wish they could live here in harmony.  There are enough flowers and feeders...


A female Roufous Hummingbird still makes a quick visit in my backyard despite the scrutining eyes of the Anna's. 


She is such a little cutie. 

She will get ready for returning to the south sometime in September, whereas a male leaves earlier.

Since the 4th of July, we are enjoying the sunny, hot days.  Thanks to the high temperature, raspberries are ripening quickly.  I've got a lot of them for jam making this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment