Saturday, July 7, 2012

A Nature Park

Our weather has finally stabilized for this summer.   Since the weather was nice, we took off to the nature park we've been before.  This time, we got there earlier.   Some people were already biking on the trail, others jogging, and so on.

As we walked up the uphill trail in the early morning cool temperature, we bumped into a young deer eating right in front of us on the trail.

"Good Morning.  I'm not afraid of people here."

 After eating the weeds for a while and letting me take a few photos, she/he disappeared into the grass.

On the other side of the trail, a young Song Sparrow was checking on us.


In the shade, I saw a young one with its mom.



The highlight of today's trip was after I returned home.

Male Lazuli Bunting

 After all the photos taken were downloaded onto the computer screen, I discovered I had a photo of a male Lazuli Bunting with its bright turquoise blue head.  It is a summer bird in Oregon and likes to hang around in shrub lands, eating insects and seeds.

While the weather is nice with a clear sky, I should explore other nature parks in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment