Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Friendliest Bird in Town - Who?

The sunflower, a flower representing the summer, began to bloom.  The bee is buzzing, collecting the sunflower nectar.



The dragonfly appeared, inspecting my veggie garden with those rolling eyeballs.




Who is the friendliest bird around here?

House Sparrow:  "Can be me?  I'm here everyday."

 
House Sparrow, Female, "It has to be me!  I'm friendly and can say hello to the backyard owner."

 
Scrub Jay:  "I'm the one who's been hanging around this backyard for the longest.  I'm the boss of this place."

Black-capped Chickadee:  "I chirp around here all the time and fly over the head of the backyard owner."

American Robin:  I'm the friendliest for sure because I fly in and use the birdbath all the time during the summer."




Who could it be?




The backyard owner:  "So hard to decide who's the friendliest around here.  But when it comes to not fearing much, I can say the Red-breasted Nuthatch is.  He/she comes to the feeder even when I am near and keeps eating, saying "chi, chi, chi" to me. 

Red-breasted Nuthatch:  "I was talking and eating right next to the backyard owner the other day.  Can anyone else do that?  I AM THE FRIENDLIEST BIRD."









No comments:

Post a Comment