Monday, March 19, 2012

Time for a bath and a nest

Day Light Savings began a week ago.  So, we now have to get up one hour early to save the daylight time (the 6:00 am in winter became the 7:00 am in summer).  All week long everyone was a bit tired because of losing one hour of sleep.

So I got up one extra hour early to bird watch.  Birds were busy taking a bath.  They hadn't done it since last fall, so it was quite understandable that they were in a rush.

Even in the shade, just dive in!!

Ms. Lesser Goldfinch:  "Auntie House Finch came to check on me, but she was overwhelmed by my swish-swashing water."


Mr. Lesser Goldfinch:  "I'm not that crazy yet.  I'll just dip my face."


After a bath, comes a nest building chore.  European Starlings are no exception.  See, Mr. Starling on the right is trying to get a skinny branch off for his nest material.


Uncle House Sparrow has found some extra feathers for his nest.


Aha, this morning my new birdbath was dusted with spring snow. 

Currently, March Lion is still being tamed here.



No comments:

Post a Comment