Saturday, March 3, 2012

Girls Festival Day (Japanese Festival) 雛祭

March 3rd is Girls Festival Day in Japan.  In the spring time, they take out Girls Festival Dolls once a year to appreciate a happy life and wish for a healthy life for their daughters.

I still keep some gifts from Japan including the dolls (mine is a simple one):


The king and the queen sit on the platform decorated with fancy patterned silk fabric, the gold colored back partition brightened with lanterns.

Because of the warm spring temperature, the first honey bee was sighted in my front yard.


In the backyard, birds appreciated the warm temperature, too.  Someone was just about conking out.


Can you guess who it was?


"I am a Pine Siskin.  I  come here everyday during the winter months.  Today I was so cozy that I just dozed off a second.  I could have fallen off the fence!"


On a warm, sunny day, a Townsend's Warbler often shows up.  He quickly and busily pecked the suet and off he went in a matter of seconds.  What an attractive fellow!


This evening was so nice that I even brushed out the gummy bottom of the birdbath.  Birdies will appreciate the clean water tomorrow morning.   According to an American Crow forecaster, we will have a beautiful day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment