Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Cedar Waxwing's Surprise Visit

Today I bet everyone was as happy as a lark with the sunny blue sky.  And so are all the birds chirping from early morning on. 


European Starlings were ready to dive from the neighbor's maple tree down to my suet.


They came one after another and kept on pecking. 


"I love this suet, nom, nom, nom."


A House Finch found a new blueberry leaf bud irresistible.


Mr. Lesser Goldfinch kept on singing as happy as can be.


Mr. Robin was ready to get back to digging the ground for a worm.


Then I suddenly noticed a couple of Cedar Waxwings on the maple tree.  Since last summer, I haven't seen any in my area. 


As I looked on those branches, I found more on the tree.  How many can you see here?  They must have been out looking for spring blossoms to eat.  Unfortunately, I have no plum blossoms, so quickly they took off in a flock of a dozen or so.  What a pleasant surprise!!!


Come back again when your favorite apple blossoms are in bloom later.

No comments:

Post a Comment