Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Returnee

For last few days, it's been white all around.  Not many birds have visited here.  Is it because the white ground makes them more visible and vulnerable?  Or because many little bugs hatched when the temperature began to warm up?

During the snowfalls, the bird bath in the backyard accumulated a huge amount of snow.

Now it rained and has melted 2/3 of the snow on the bird bath.  The snow on the street is piled on both sides.

This evening I saw more birds returning to the backyard for evening meals.  Several robins stopped by to find worms in the exposed wet lawn.  Together with the robins, a Varied Thrush flew in for the first time this winter.


 "I like to fly around with robins, who are similar in looks."



"Umm....  I know I've been here before.  My robin friend 
told me there are lots of seeds and worms here."

No comments:

Post a Comment