Friday, February 28, 2014

Frequent Visitor Now

In the previous years I saw a Varied Thrush once or twice a year at most.  Last year I did not see them at all.  I was sad to find in one of the local bird newsletters that the Varied Thrush was on a decline lately.

This spring a good news was here in my backyard.  An increased sighting of Varied Thrush!  For the last several days, a couple came and stayed busy underneath the Camellia bush uncovering the dead leaves to find worms.  One time the female came to my patio to eat the fallen suet chunks.




"I am very careful and walk very fast on the lawn.  
I am a female because of the fading chest band"


Despite their preference to stay in the shady areas or corners, a male Varied Thrush went up to the fence to have a better view of the backyard,  and probably to see me inside the house.

"Um, it's a good view.  I can see better.  
I am a male because I have the dark chest band."

No comments:

Post a Comment