Friday, May 24, 2013

More Goldfinches

Rain, rain, rain.  And more rain is expected... over this Memorial Day weekend.   I hope campers in the mountains can stay warm if they decide to go there.

My yellow honeysuckle began to bloom in spite of the cold rain.


One viewer of my blog asked me where I took photos of the goldfinches earlier this month.  It was in my backyard in Northwestern Oregon.  According to my bird book, "Birds of Oregon," goldfinches live in Oregon all the year round, although some in flocks of 20 or so move around North America.

To invite goldfinches to your backyard, stock up your feeders with their favorites such as thistle seeds and black oil sunflower seeds.   They may show up at your place before you knew it.

Today was such a day for them to show up after cold rainy days.

"Female goldfinches love my bright summer color."



"I am his girl."
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment