Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Evening Grosbeak's Visit

The other day I saw a dragonfly.  A sign of summer.  This time, it was a red one perched on the wooden stick with the eyes rolling for a long time.

 
Another sign of summer is that I saw Evening Grosbeaks. 
On top of a sycamore tree, three Evening Grosbeaks were overlooking the town, wondering where a good feeding spot is.
 
"Hey sis, which garden
is loaded with our favorite seeds?"


In the evening, they came down to my backyard and one peeked its head from the wisteria vines.

" Pick-a-poo...  Do you have my seeds here?"


Then she flew in closer onto my new dwarf pear tree in the setting sun.

"We've got a very large bill for cracking seeds. 
I can take care of big seeds, insects, and fruit. If you have
a good selection of seeds, we'll fly over to your place."


No comments:

Post a Comment