Monday, May 27, 2013

More Black-headed Grosbeak

The other day I found a birding tip in a seasonal magazine from Nature Conservancy. 
 
In it, there is an article called "the Birding Effect," a story about Tom Boucher, a birder/conservationist.  He recommends the best birding time to be overcast, no wind, and no rain.  Also he adds NO TALK.  Even a human voice at the level used inside the library reduces a bird sighting by more than 30%.  So I keep this important message in my mind.
 
A couple of weeks ago, a Black-headed Grosbeak came to my feeders several times during that day.  At the end of the day, unintentionally I scared him away with a loud shutter sound of my camera. 

After that, I longed to see more of them.  Finally my wish was answered:  another one stopped over.

"I think I've been here before.  I can find
a lot of black oil sunflower seeds here."

He comes to a feeder right underneath the patio roof, too. 

"Did you notice this? 
My eyelashes are rather cute."



" I've been here for a few days already. 
I'm fattening up before a trip to the north."

No comments:

Post a Comment