Sunday, December 23, 2012

Super Friendly Nuthatch

In the dark winter months, a Heavenly Bamboo (nandina domestica) looks so radiant in my backyard; however, it's only ornamental, not edible for birds.
 


Early in the morning outside, I can hear all the chirping including the high-pitched tin horn.  Do you know who is making the sound of the horn?


Between the branches I first sighted a nuthatch just arrived after having tooted the horn.

"Yup, I am a nuthatch ready to peck the suet here."
 
 
As I  got closer, it was still staring at me with curiosity.  It did not flee like most of the others, just busy looking up, down, and right and left towards me.
 
"I think I remember you hiding next to the patio studs and looking through the black box.  Now I know who you are."
 
 
Now, for a super close-up.  Say, "C-H-E-E-S-E." 
 
"Ready for your perfect photo."

No comments:

Post a Comment