Friday, December 28, 2012

New Year Is Coming

From a box out came my New Year's decoration yesterday and at the same time all the Christmas ornaments went back into the box.

Here is my good luck New Year ornament. 

 
 
I bought this miniture ornament at a department store in Tokyo several years ago.  In a mazagine, you might have seen a picture of a huge woven straw rope decorating a Torii gate, a Shrine entrance, a huge sacred tree, sacred rock, etc.  So likewise, I place this miniture at the entry of my home, wishing for a blessing and happiness for the coming year.
 
 The color of  Spotted Towhee's eyes are as red as Nanten berries for
 New Year.
 
 
"I've got red eyes as bright as Heavenly Bamboo berries (Nanten). 
Wishing you A Happy New Year!"
 
 
 



 







No comments:

Post a Comment