Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Japanese Basil (Shiso)

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving Day.  Traditionally, we prepare a roasted turkey with stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, other casseroles, veggies, and a pumpkin pie.  I have already baked a pie.  Casseroles are ready to be baked.  Today, the final prep is going on:  the turkey neck bone has been cooking for the stuffing before baking the turkey tomorrow.

Out in my veggie garden, birds are busy getting their breakfast in a cold morning.  I left a Japanese basil standing to see if the plant may return next summer.  The plant still has some dry seeds on.

Oregon Juncos discovered that they liked those seeds.

  "I think I like these."


 "Me, too.  It has a good flavor."


"I don't know if I like it or not.  
I'd rather stick to my regular seeds."

No comments:

Post a Comment