Saturday, November 23, 2013

A Returnee in Winter

The other day as I looked through last year's photos, I made a prediction that I would see a Ruby-crowned Kinglet any time.

This morning I proved to be right!   Under the freezing temperature I was on lookout on the patio with a down coat, a pair of gloves and a hat. The rhododendron bush had hard frost sparkling in the sun.



The blue sky was out, but under the patio was still shaded and very cold.  I sensed a little something just zipped across.  When I looked in the direction it travelled to, aha, the long-awaited winter bird was hanging onto the suet feeder.

"I am a Ruby-crowned Kinglet.  I'm not afraid of 
you.  Just hungry for your suet."



"A big bite.  Ummm, delicious."

After a quick visit, it took off to my neighbor's backyard.  Hoping to see you again very soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment