Monday, August 5, 2013

One Heart-Warming Story

This past week I noticed a young House Finch walking on my patio.  As a young one often does, it was flipping the wings asking to a parent for food .  Then I discovered whom it was begging to. 



Aha!  One little good-hearted Oregon Junco came hopping to feed this baby!  The junco is about 1/2 the size of the baby bird.


I thought it just happened by accident.  But the next day and the day after that,  I saw them together.  The Junco was busy getting all the chewed seeds quickly to that adopted House Finch.

"Quite busy lately acting as a temp parent."


There they are again.


While waiting for Uncle Junco to return,  under the shade tree the House Finch baby learned how to take a cool bath, too.
 
"My Uncle Junco flew me in here so that I can
be fed and stay clean.  He is such a super uncle.  Don't you agree?"

No comments:

Post a Comment