Thursday, August 29, 2013

Newcomer to My Backyard

In fall, summer birds begin their migration down to Southern California, Mexico, and Central America. 

This summer I saw one Warbing Vireo munching a bug in the woods, but in my backyard I had never seen one.

BUT yesterday when I was watching birds in the morning, I saw one. 
First I thought a Lesser Goldfinch just perched on the clothesline.  When I enlarged the photo on the camera, aha, with much delight I found out I was wrong.

"Hi, I saw many birds chirping around here,
so I decided to make a quick stop."

 
Warbling Vireo has gray or olive-gray above; underparts white and white eyebrow with brown eye.  In early fall, it is greener above, pale yellow on sides.
 
 
 

"Today is only for inspection."

Afterward, I saw a Junco chasing this newcomer away from the apple tree branches.  I hope it will stop by again next spring on the way to the north.

No comments:

Post a Comment