Monday, July 15, 2013

Young Ones #2

The real summer weather is here to stay for a while.  Everyone is enjoying the summer.  My lavenders are almost done.  So with blueberries.  I let the birds finish up my remaining berries.  The other day I saw a male American Robin that flew in together with a young one.

"I'm teaching my kid to have a balanced diet. 
Both worms and blueberries are available here. 
My favorite is your blueberries."

The juvenile has its front heavily spotted with brown like this.

"Today I'm just watching and not
so interested in berries."

Even in summer, some birds like to eat the suet, so I make mine from scratch.  After a long while, a juvenile Chestnut-backed Chickadee was back,  munching the suet.

"I don't have to fly with my parents any
more.  I'm almost grown up and independent."


"See, I can eat any way I want."

No comments:

Post a Comment