Saturday, April 20, 2013

A Sad News

Who's done it??? 

Yesterday afternoon when I returned home from an errand, I peeked at the nest from the distance as usual.  But I couldn't see it, so I went close.   Then I found that the next box with the nest on top was tipped over to sideways, the inside eggs fallen and broken on the ground and the mother Robin nowhere to be seen.

We checked the nest and found out one little egg remaining stuck on the bottom of the nest, but is now no good due to the mother's warmth taken away.  We moved the nest box to a safer position in case the mother bird might later reuse it the next time.


Raising a young is not an easy task, indeed.  They have to overcome all types of dangers and predators such as a cat, a raccoon, a hawk, a snake, sometimes a human, etc....


Today I saw two Robins hunting on my veggie patch as usual despite the tragedy.
"Don't worry.  I will lay more eggs later.  When I train
them on flight, I will bring them for you to see."

No comments:

Post a Comment