Sunday, April 24, 2022

From Hail to Rain

 I though March weather is unstable. But this year April, too, is as much as or worse than March.  One day, it hailed a lot.




Golden-crowned Sparrows have been around here for a few weeks before moving into the woods in summer.

"I am tough.  I don't mind the cold weather at all."

After a couple of weeks of  the cold spell, it finally changed to rain.
Guess what.  All of a sudden, right when the warm rainy days came.  So did many Yellow-rumped Warblers come into my backyard (it used to be only 2-4 at max here ; now I counted close to a dozen).

Yellow-rumped #1:  "It's been cold this spring, so I didn't make it into the woods yet."
Yellow-rumped #2:  "Yeah, that's why we all  come here to nibble the suet."


I hope that's the reason.




No comments:

Post a Comment