Thursday, August 29, 2019

Pacific Flyway

Oregon is part of the Pacific Flyway Zone for birds to travel between Alaska and Mexico.  During the spring and fall seasons, birds travel the long distance.

The other day, I saw one flycatcher in the backyard.  It looks like a Lesser Goldfinch in size, but has a bit different face and perches on the clothesline rather vertically.  Whenever catching a bug, it comes back to the same perched point.  It was here early in the morning and came back in the evening to catch more bugs.  Next day, it left for south.


"Hi, I am a Dusky Flycatcher.  Just stopped 
over for a day and I am on the way to south."

There are many flycatchers and they all look alike.  But after some reading, I decided this one must be a Dusky Flycatcher.

"Look closely my beak and eye ring to identify me."


"I am leaving soon.  See you next year."

No comments:

Post a Comment