Tuesday, June 19, 2018

A Murderer in the Neighborhood

Everyday I used to see 4-5 squirrels in my backyard.  That number has drastically been changed recently.  They garble up the suet and sunflower bird seeds; after that on a nice day they like to take a nap on top of the neighbor's shed.

"I am so sleepy in the sun."


But things changed suddenly.  After this photo was taken the other day, a tragedy has struck.   For one whole day,  not even one squirrel was seen.  Because one of them was killed with its head blown up, probably by a silenced gun, and was left on the lawn in my backyard.

Who did it????  No blood stain at the spot.  The dead squirrel was moved from the site of the crime to my backyard?  Not by a  hawk, who is already gone to Alaska now ....  Any raccoon would have eaten it up better....

Silence filled the backyard and it was indeed eerie.

The next day I saw one squirrel and later another one:  in total only two.  Where are the others who used to hang around here....

We buried the dead squirrel in the backyard.  May it rest in peace.






No comments:

Post a Comment