Monday, July 4, 2016

A Big Carp

After a long while, we made a trip to the nearby wetland this week.  Due to the hot weather, one half of the reservoir is mostly dry and filled with long reeds and weeds.    There must be many birds nesting amongst the reeds.   We saw some geese and ducks.  And what was most interesting was an Osprey circling over the reservoir for sometime with on and off hovering over the water.  I saw him/her once dived into the water, but could not tell whether it caught any fish or not.


"I am grabbing a fish anytime."


As I walked around the reservoir, I took photos of the bird here and there.  About halfway around the reservoir, all of a sudden, I heard a big thump behind me as if someone threw a rock at me.   Then  I discovered a 10-inch big carp just dumped from the sky right behind me.  Probably to warn me that I should not be following the young bird.  It turned out  that two of them were around.

A dead fish 



Soon the Osprey was relieved to see us leave.


"Just leave us alone.  We are just busy catching the meals."



No comments:

Post a Comment