Thursday, June 4, 2015

Back Home

My backyard is filled with overgrown lawn, weeds, etc.  The potato plants are getting tall and weed vines need to be removed.  I washed the birdbaths and filled with clean water.  A lot to do to clean up the backyard.

While I was out, I encountered with a couple of storks.  They were nesting on top of a mosque in a small town near Ankara, Turkey.




Nearby were the ancient ruins of  "Hattusha" where the Hittites, iron renovating people, ruled and prospered some 3,500 - 4,000 years ago.  Today only stone carvings and stone foundations of their once thriving city remain.

"I didn't know that history, but I like it here.  People 
are nice and let me fly around freely."

"I live here, too.  I like the clean air, open space, and rolling 
hills.  Thanks for stopping by."

No comments:

Post a Comment