Sunday, March 29, 2015

At a Nearby Wetland

Today was nice and sunny.  Birds have been gone to the fields where they can find more bugs and flowers.  So we decided to go out there ourselves to see what's going on.

The wetland near our place has been under renovation.  After half a year of digging, bulldozing, etc., finally the land is halfway fixed to welcome the spring migrant birds.  We were so relieved to find the wetland now has sufficient water for the migrant birds to rest, drink and eat some bugs/worms.  We saw several summer birds already arrived.

Tree Swallows are flying acrobatically everywhere and have been using the nest boxes which have been set up for them along a trail.


"I've been hungry."



A pretty song was heard as we entered the wetland.  Sure enough, it was a Red-wing Blackbird,


" I just returned."


I saw a male Rufous Hummingbird dancing on the top of budding leaves.

"Busy eating my bug breakfast!"

Yes.  The bugs are floating in the air in a bunch.  It was like their bumping at my eyeglasses as I walked around the reservoir.

No comments:

Post a Comment