Monday, October 28, 2013

A Fall Scene from Eastern Washington

Out in the woods in Eastern Washington.   Maple leaves are yellow with a bit of red on top.


Walking along a trail, I sensed someone's stare.  A telepathy?  Sure enough, a young deer was out in the tall weeds.

"I am making sure all people here are 
following the nature park's rules."


At the end of autumn in Eastern Washington, hawks have returned from the north, looking for food in the lower elevations.  One day when we were there,  the morning fog finally lifted around 1:00pm.  After our short walk on a trail, I noticed a Red-tailed Hawk from up in the sky surveying the nearby field.  It suddenly came toward my direction and landed at the top of a pine tree branch up above where I was standing.

"Hello, dear.  I am in search
for a mouse, squirrel, or similar."


Scanning over the field for a little longer, he jumped into the air to head to another direction.



The sun was warm.  A pleasant afternoon flying around.

"Now, you can see
how big I am."

No comments:

Post a Comment