Thursday, June 13, 2013

No Harassment in My Neighborhood

Early in the morning up on top of my front neighbor's fir tree, I saw one Flicker.  And then another one next to the right was moving slightly.


A Starling just landed above them as if telling the male Northern Flicker to back off from the other one, apparently being harassed.



And then the male Flicker noticed I was watching with the camera across the street.


Luckily grabbing the chance, the female Flicker on the right dived straight down away from the harasser.   Finally she got away from the distress.



For next couple of days she showed up at my backyard.

"Thanks a million for rescuing me the other day.  I was stuck up there not knowing what to do with that predicament."

"I told all my friends your place is the safe place to be.  Thanks again."

No comments:

Post a Comment