Thursday, August 9, 2012

Air Show Day - American Robin

Once a year  there is an Air Show in town.  Many years ago, I used to go there, hanging around under the hot sun all day.  But no more energy for such; I now watch from my backyard Air Force jets swishing by with the high pitched noise with a tailing smoke.

My camera is out for repair due to overuse.  With my old little automatic camera, these photos surprisingly came out.


Completing the show with the stunning burst.



Look!  A bird next to the jet.



After the show, birds were happy flying around, knowing no more ear-piercing noise. 


Under the sizzling heat of the weekend, a young American Robin came to the bird bath.   He/she must be the one fledged from the neighbor's Robin nest not long ago!  You remember the sleepy face in the nest I showed you a month earlier?
(Photos taken by my older SLR camera.)



Just wanted to be with his dad on the bath.


Splash, splash...

"You wanna be the next?  The coolest in town, the best thing there is under the burning sun!  See you later."

No comments:

Post a Comment